Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mandala Zipper Pouch

Hey, guess what!
I made something!
Big surprise: it includes a mandala.
:o)
I needed a little zipper bag for my colored pencils and other mandala drawing supplies, so I made this bag back in April. I am finally getting around to sharing it here on my blog!


I have some decent sized scraps of canvas fabric, so I cut a piece to size for the bag I was making. For the mandala, I cut a large circle template from a piece of cardstock and folded it a few times to make my grid lines. Then I traced it onto a piece of canvas fabric already cut to size for the bag I was making.


I used Sharpie markers to draw directly onto the fabric. I found that it was best to keep the pen moving, otherwise the ink would soak in and bleed into the fabric.


Then I stitched it up. {There are all kinds of online tutorials for making zipper pouches. I found this one for you in case you'd like to try.} My bag is lined with muslin - here's what the inside looks like...


And the back side of the bag...


And the bag in use...


Have you discovered the beauty of drawing mandalas?
You can see my simple mandala tutorial here.

11 comments:

Becky said...

What a pretty case for carrying your pencils around in :)

Ruth said...

It's very you! A great idea and it looks marvellous!

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susi said...

Love the bag! I have not tried your tutorial yet but plan to, things here are just a bit crazy!

scrappyjacky said...

It's gorgeous.

Karen said...

What a beautiful bag; just perfect!

alexa said...

Very, very creative! and what a great way to bring your mandalas into your daily view.

Audrey said...

Oh my gosh, Deb, that is so amazing....and so YOU!!! I made my first mandala while I was sitting at lunch today. I'll take a photo and send it but I'm a little embarrassed at my first attempt. :-)

Sian said...

It's just beautiful. You can make anything!

Cate Brickell said...

What a clever idea for keeping all your pens in one place!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love seeing your size of sketch book.
I have a pencil bag that I carry with my pencils, water brushes, markers, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...