Monday, April 6, 2015

A weekend and a wedding.

Hello April, springtime, and blog friends!
So long Easter bunny, cool temps, and the weekend...
Our weekend was busy, happy, sunshiney, busy, fun-filled, busy. Happy.


Saturday evening found Carrie and I at the wedding of some good friends of ours. Kristin and Kandice were originally "married" in 2011 before Arizona had officially recognized same-sex marriages. And now that Arizona has stepped it up, K & K hosted "Wedding 2.0" where they officially tied the knot, signed the papers, and celebrated with friends. We had so much fun at their official wedding!

I made red velvet cupcakes for the occasion...

So yeah, Saturday was all about baking and frosting and getting dressed up for a wedding. I chose Sunday as a day to take care of a few things around our house and that ended up involving several hours of friendship quilt sewing. :o)

It almost felt surreal to finally be joining all the blocks together to form a quilt top. I loved revisiting every square and thinking about the amazing connection I've made with so many women from around the world. The whole thing really blows my mind sometimes!

I made great progress on joining squares but had to move on to other things so I will revisit this project in a couple of weeks. You know I'll share more about it as I go.


And now it's Monday morning and time to take on another work week. I wonder what kinds of wild and wacky things are in store for us in the next few days...

Here's hoping for lots of awesome in the week ahead.
{It's out there, you just have to look for it sometimes!}

9 comments:

Sian said...

What better way is there to spend a weekend than at a wedding? Oh wait, a wedding AND some sewing? That's totally perfect!

Have a great week Deb

scrappyjacky said...

Am really looking forward to seeing that quilt coming together.

scrappyjacky said...

Oh....and I can't quite believe that this time next week I will be on your side of the pond!!

Carola Bartz said...

Wedding 2.0 sounds really good - it's wonderful that they finally were able to tie the knot officially. I like the decoration in the little bottles. Your red velvet cupcakes look delicious - I think I will keep the recipe. Thank you for the link! I look forward to seeing the friendship quilt when it is done. I am not a sewer, I'm really poor at it, but I admire other people's work.
Have a lovely week!

Ruth said...

I'm another who is "sew" (sorry, couldn't resist!) looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

debs14 said...

Oh I cannot wait to see that finished quilt!
Sounds like a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely weekend and spending time celebrating the wedding with Carrie can only make it more lovely. Putting my hand up as another who can't wait to see the quilt x

Abi said...

I'm so excited to see the quilt come together. I agree, it has been wonderful to connect with so many people, all through a love of fabric and sewing.

Alison said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend...and I too can't wait to see what you're up to with the quilt! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...