Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day in the desert

When I say "Happy Monday" I really mean it this week.
I have today off work for President's Day.
:o)
It's so fun that Valentine's Day fell on a three-day weekend for us this year. Doug and I took a picnic lunch and spent some time in the desert on Saturday. Ahhh - the weather was absolutely perfect, and we found the prettiest spot to hang out for the afternoon. Come in, let me show you...

One of the advantages of being married to an outdoorsman is that he knows some really cool and remote locations. Though, we weren't exactly alone for the afternoon. With the glorious weather there were other Arizonan's out and about as well. Gotta' share the planet...

It's been a few years since I've shot a gun {healing shoulder} and we decided we'd take some time to do a little target practicing. Now, I know gun control is a hot topic and I'm not going to get all opinionated about the political junk associated around it. I will say that guns scare the living daylights out of me but Doug has taught me how to respect them. And he's taught me how to shoot and I must say I'm a pretty good shot. It's so fun to hit the bulls-eye! Or...well...pretty darn close to it anyway!

I smile to myself when I think of the contrast between yoga and the violent power of a gun. Yin and yang, dark and light, him and me...



What a beautiful day it was! This area was west of Superior, Arizona. Sigh...I want to go back...
 
 Exploring...


What a great way to spend Valentine's Day. The fresh air and sunshine was good for both of us.

On the horizon this week: I'm SO close to finishing the quilt I've been working on! I'm excited to blog about it next week. And I'm gearing up for a road trip with my girl C to meet the new baby in our family and celebrate a first birthday for my niece, Olivia.

Wishing you blue skies and sunshine this week,
and the lingering happiness of Valentine's Day.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like a perfect Valentine's Day!

Alison said...

Sounds like you had a fun day xx

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Looks like a fun day and gorgeous weather!

Audrey said...

What a date! Looks so awesome and relaxing. Hope you're enjoying your day off....

humel said...

Aw Deb, you look so well and happy, I was smiling right back at your photo :)

Miriam said...

Beautiful photos of the pair of you and it looks like the perfect place to be.

Ruth said...

Lovely photo of you and Doug!

Maria Ontiveros said...

You look so beautiful in that photograph of you and Doug!!!
I really enjoyed having a few days off at the beginning of the week, but I ended up with a lot of work at the end of the week.
Rinda

Becky said...

Catching up on my blog reading! Looks like you had a perfect weekend. Love the photo of you and Doug!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of the 2 of you. Sounds like it was a fun day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...