Monday, January 26, 2015

Photos from my weekend

Good morning, my friends.
Here we are at Monday morning again - the beginning of the final week of January! Sheesh, time! Slow down!!!

Those of you who know me through my blog and/or real life know that I'm a busy girl. I typically have many projects going, plus my regular household responsibilities, plus my yoga practice, and a full-time job. One of the things I really want to focus on is slowing down a little - taking some time out to relax. Over the next couple of months while the weather is so nice here in Arizona, I'm pretty sure my Sunday afternoons are going to be dedicated to sitting outside and drawing mandalas.


I met one of my yoga friends for lunch yesterday and we sat and drew mandalas at our table in Whole Foods {more about that later this week}. Afterwards I came home and sat outside and added a few finishing touches to the mandala I'd started, and continued drawing another one while I waited for Doug to return home from his weekend wilderness trek. Of course, he came home with a heart shaped rock in hand. {I  Doug.}


Ahhhh...what a gorgeous afternoon. I love Arizona's weather in January...

Oh yeah, back up to Saturday afternoon when I took a really cool three-hour workshop on gardening for small spaces. I learned a ton and am so excited to get a little {food} garden going - even if it's in a small container. You know I'll share more about that when I put it together.


There was also some time spent indoors, sewing on the quilt I'm making - nine rows done, five to go...




And of course, my trusty little weekend sidekick, Lucky the dog kept me company. He loves the weekends and having his people home.

Now I'm off to see what this week holds. I have plans for yoga classes two nights this week, and meeting a friend for wine tomorrow night. No sense whining about Monday...Friday will be here before we know what hit us.

Go make it awesome!
xoxoxoxox

12 comments:

Ruth said...

There's a lot to be said for leading a busy life, but there's also a lot to be said to slowing down! Finding a balance is key!

Susi said...

I totally agree with Ruth! I'm still trying to find that balance!

scrappyjacky said...

That sounds like a great course,Deb....I love growing food in containers....I'm looking forward to seeing what you can grow in Arizona...lots that we can't grow here I'm sure.

debs14 said...

That sounds like a pretty perfect kind of weekend to me. And just look at that sunshine!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

sounds good to me! and the light in the third photo! wow! just what I needed as we buckle down for 3-4 feet of snow! I should have planned a visit to AZ!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great way to start the week - thanks for the inspiring feeling

Karen said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I'm so envious of your weather, but so grateful the awful blizzard in the northeast is about 400 miles away from us!

Abi said...

It looks like such a lovely weekend.I love that Doug brings you heart shaped rocks. Looking forward to seeing more of that quilt!

Miriam said...

What a lovely uplifting post this is Deb.

Alison said...

Love the pic of the garden with the sprinklers on...our daytime weather is pretty perfect too...chilly at night though! Xx

alexa said...

Oh, what a joy to visit you, see your lovely photos, and be reminded that one day we too will get to sit outside :). Drawing manadalas sounds a perfect go-slow activity. As my blog friend Helen said last week "Slow in my new busy"!

Sian said...

I really like the sound of that workshop for small gardens. I'd sign up for that in a flash.

I'm looking out at the snow falling as I type and look at your sunshine :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...