Monday, December 15, 2014

A weekend full of Christmas

It's Monday morning, Christmas is nine days away, and my head is spinning.
I keep reminding myself that this is not a stressful time. It's a deliciously busy time of year and as long as I just keep plugging along everything that I want to accomplish will be done. Oh my gosh, it was a busy weekend around these parts!

Friday night's yoga teacher training was awesome. We were divided into four groups and each group taught a 40-minute sequence. It was so cool to witness the transformation of all of us. Classmates who, in the beginning, were unsure and timid about teaching yoga, there in front of our peers leading the class like seasoned yoga teachers. I felt so proud of all of us!!! My segment was an 8-minute piece that I had practiced over and over in my head for the past couple of weeks. I was a little nervous, but surprisingly at ease when the time came to teach. I did well and was so happy to have that behind me.

As part of my graduation package, I need to teach four one-hour classes of my own, so Saturday morning a group of four friends came to my house to help me out. I loved having my friends here - it was so sweet of them to take time out of their busy schedules to help me out and to be subjected to my early-teaching-follies. I learned so much! For one thing, I need to talk way less - know that some silence is good. I felt good about the physical adjustments I was able to make for my students, and they were all very gracious with their comments on the class survey afterwards. I have the best friends on the planet. For real.

Carrie's plans for Saturday afternoon fell through, and I was so happy that she was able to come with us to pick out a Christmas tree.

What a beautiful day for Christmas tree shopping!

I have been so busy and I'll admit to not feeling very jolly about Christmas this year. Yet. But getting our tree, the smell of pine, the ensuing routine of chasing the cat away from the tree, and the sight of these ornaments sent me soaring into Christmas. I am officially jingly all over! :o)


On Sunday, I baked. Pumpkin bread, dark chocolate coconut macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, and lemon blueberry muffins. And in between baking on Sunday I worked on decorating the tree...

...while Doug strung Christmas lights outside. I asked for an extra strand across the patio this year and my sweet personal Santa accommodated my request. It's true, I've been a very good girl this year.

Pretty, huh?

The sun setting outside, the lights, the tree, sweets from the oven...yummy, yummy Christmas time.




This morning: sugar hangover
Tonight: packing boxes to be mailed tomorrow
Tomorrow day: post office
Tomorrow night: preparing for Wednesday night's dinner
Wednesday night: my brother will be in town! :o) He's coming over for dinner
Thursday night: yoga teacher training
Friday day: work Christmas party
Friday night: yoga teacher training
Saturday day: final day of yoga teacher training / graduation :o)!!!
Sunday day: graduation party for yoga teacher training group at our house
Monday: rest, the beginning of two weeks off work, and Christmas to enjoy.

Be jolly. Be merry. Be mindful. And breathe.

6 comments:

Susi said...

Busy, busy....Fun! I love your closing comment.

Ruth said...

Deliciously busy ~ perfect summing up! Congratulations on your almost yoga graduation ~ you rock (or some yoga-suitable choice of word!)! Very proud of you, dear friend.

Sian said...

I love your post title as well as all the business inside. And I hope your Graduation feels wonderful because you have worked so hard and you are going to be so great.

Rachel Brett said...

Beautiful tree Deb and the goodies sound amazing! :)

scrappyjacky said...

I do hope the graduation is perfect.

Karen said...

Wow! It's hard to imagine how anyone could pack more into a day than you are! Good luck with the last week of yoga training. The graduation is sure to be awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...