Monday, October 20, 2014

This Weekend's Color Dash 5k

"I've always wanted to do a color dash," she said.
"Not me," I replied.

"It looks like so much fun," she said.
"What's in the colored powder that they throw at you?" I asked. "Is it safe to breathe? Will it wash out of our clothes?"


"I won't be able to wear my contacts because of that powder," I told her. "I won't be able to see."
"I'll drive," she retorted. "You won't have to see."


Carrie caught me in a weak moment back in July, and I had barely agreed to participate in this color dash when she quickly purchased tickets for this event. For the past three months we have gently fussed about this - me resisting and Carrie convincing me that we'd have fun.

And for the most part, it was fun. Just being able to hang out with my girl was fun, participating in an event to benefit Down Syndrome awareness was a worthy cause, the weather was beautiful (though a tad on the warm side), and up until the end when one of the powder-throwers tossed a handful of blue powder smack in Carrie's face (why?!?!?) it was a different kind of fun to participate in something like a color dash.

{photo taken before the dash began, pre-powdered faces}

"In the long run, I think you had more fun that I did," she said.
"Probably," I replied. "And we can check this off our bucket list because I wouldn't do it again."

And at last, we agreed.

9 comments:

Susi said...

Fun times. ;) Love the picture of you two, you are so cute together.

Sian said...

Oh wow! well done, the pair of you!

I have a friend who did one here. She raised lots of money for charity, but she said the powder was even less fun than she had been expecting too.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Gorgeous pre-race shot of you and your girl. I'd have the same worry as you, being a contact lens wearer!

scrappyjacky said...

DD1 did one earlier this year....she did actually quite enjoy it....and it did all wash out!

Abi said...

I am not a runner at all but have always wanted to do this because of how fun all the colours look! Well done both of you!

Becky said...

Great photo of the two of you :) and well done for completing it.

debs14 said...

We'll done to you both! I'd have been like you and I'm not sure anyone could convince me to do it. As you say, tick it off, you don't have to do it again!

Karen said...

LOL! I wondered how you'd feel about it in the end! You should be very proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Great photo of the 2 of you and congrats on doing the run You have to wonder - where do people come up with these ideas. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...