Monday, August 11, 2014

Longest Weekend Recap Ever

Hello, my friends!
~sigh~ This past weekend lasted nine whole days for me and I loved every minute of it! Doug and I headed to California where we spent the first five days on Coronado Island soaking up sun, eating yummy food, drinking fun drinks, and...well...having lots of fun. Of course, I have photos to share.

Strands Beach, Dana Point, California

 
The road trip to the coast is a six-hour drive, so I kept myself busy by doodling a starburst {inspiration here}.
 

The first part of our California stay was a working gig for Doug, so while he worked on his job, I got to know the area. First stop: Seaside Papery as recommended by one of my local paper-loving-friends. {Hi Vee!}
 
And I found the restaurant Vee recommended. We ended up having a few meals {and margaritas} at Miguel's. Yum!


We were within walking distance of the famous Hotel Del Coronado and we frequented its beach a few times during our stay on the island.


I had an opportunity to do a lot of sketching during the course of the week and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I used watercolors and color pencils, and played with a  few techniques that I've been learning from Sketchbook Skool. Love!

San Diego's skyline from Coronado Island:

We had an amazing latte and chocolate crepe at Bonjour Café in Dana Point. Holy smokes it was good!

Crossing over the bridge from San Diego to Coronado. Kinda' scary but cool...

 More food at Miguel's - a tostada grande that I barely made a dent in...

Doug and me in the sun...waiting for sunset. ♥ ♥

I found a yoga studio really close to where we were staying so I did manage to have one hour of healthy living while on the island. This photo was taken on my walk to yoga one morning:

We spent some time on Coronado's Central Beach the last afternoon of our stay. This young couple struggled with assembling their shade for well over a half an hour. Poor things - the wind was really whipping around and it was difficult to watch without laughing out loud. We hid behind our umbrella as best we could, shielded from the flying sand they were stirring up and hiding our poor attempts to curb our laughter.

 And...last but not least...the final margaritas...




We returned home late in the day on Thursday, and I have spent the past few days unpacking and taking care of stuff around here. The last thing I really want to do today is go back to work, but Monday mornings can be that way most of the time.

So, here goes nothin'...I'm off and running...
 
There's change brewing around these parts, and it's going to be an awesome week!

11 comments:

Susi said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a lovely vacation. Love the starburst sketch and oh...those beach pictures are killing me. I so need a beach vacation! Enjoy your week!

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation.....not to mention that crepe!!

Karen said...

What a great vacation you had, and fun photos to share! And a teaser at the end . . .Like Susi, I would love a beach vacation. It's been a LONG time.

Susanne said...

Looks like a fun and yummy trip.

Miriam said...

What a great post Deb, so glad you had a good time, the pictures tell me that you did! love love love the final margaritas!

Becky said...

Looks like you had a great time :)

Susan said...

Love reading your post! We love San Diego and I recognized the places in your photos! I cannot wait to hear about the changes - please share!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful 9 days. Loved the photos and stories behind them. Hope your week is a good one.

debs14 said...

What an amazing holiday, sounds like you have totally relaxed and enjoyed yourselves. Back to earth with a bump now, hope Monday at work wasn't too painful!

helena said...

I feel relaxed just looking at all your lovely photos - wonderful window full of butterflies

Irene said...

Wow that sounded like a long weekend. So happy you and Doug get to have a little getaway trip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...