Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sunflower Cupcake Toppers

When my friend, Jenn, planned her canvas art party I offered to bring cupcakes. And since Jenn was hosting, I let her pick the flavor of the day. She chose vanilla and chocolate.


I knew I'd be working on a sunflower canvas that day, and since my own sunflowers are the main focus of my garden these days, I decided to make some quick sunflower cupcake toppers.


I used two punches to make the sunflowers. This flower punch is such a versatile punch! Layered and staggered with a large circle in the center, it makes the perfect sunflower. Punch the flower shape in red and use a smaller circle and it's a great poinsettia. I've also used this punch for other random flowers and you can see those by clicking here and here.


 
 
Yummy vanilla cake recipe can be found here.
 And my favorite chocolate buttercream frosting ever can be found here. (BTW, I increase the cocoa in the frosting recipe from 1/2 cup up to 3/4 cup.)

6 comments:

Susi said...

Cute! Hey I think I have that punch and now I can make stuff with it. Thanks!

Jacie Ray said...

I just love how you can make the amazing look so simple!

cedarmerefarm said...

What a great idea! The cupcakes look delicious and adorable!

Karen said...

You are, as I always say, the party diva! I think I have that punch. We're on the road now, but I'll check when I get home.

scrappyjacky said...

Love them.

Sinead said...

Yummy! These look so delicious Deb :D We have some sunflowers growing in our garden at home and I think of you every time I see them! I will Instagram a picture when they finally come into bloom :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...