Thursday, February 27, 2014

A new little person to love

Late last night our family grew by one tiny person.
My new niece, Olivia made her debut, weighing in at 8 lbs. 7 oz.
Mama and baby are awesome.


I have been a bundle of emotions over the arrival of this new niece - my brother’s newest daughter, a new baby sister for Cris, Britny and Tyler, a new cousin for Carrie, and a sweet little granddaughter my mom will never know. So bittersweet, that one, but it’s in the mix of my thoughts, for sure.

And I’ve been thinking about Olivia and the life she’s entered into - how she’ll one day call me Aunt Deb and how I will love her with the same deep adoration that I love my other nieces. She joins the ranks of some amazing young women who also call me Aunt Deb, and I can’t wait to see how her presence changes and shapes and enhances our family.

How lucky is this little girl, to enter a family that loves and celebrates with such passion. We started loving her the day we heard she was a tiny little bean in her mama’s tummy, and we will love her forever and ever now that she has made her appearance into this world and our family.

I’ll be heading to California in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait to get my hands on sweet Miss Olivia. You can bet there will be lots of photos to share once that happens!

Hooray for new babies in the world,
especially for those who call me Aunt Deb.

17 comments:

Robyn said...

awwww!!! congrats, Deb!!! What great news!

helena said...

yeah to being an Aunt - congrats. adorable baby crown

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Ah, such lovely news to read on this wet and dreary afternoon :o) Congratulations Aunt Deb x

Susi said...

Congratulations to all of you! That crown is adorable and all my crochet stuff is packed away until the move. Dang it!

Ruth said...

Many congratulations, Aunt Deb!! Lovely, lovely news. And that crown is adorable!

scrappyjacky said...

Congratulations, Aunt Deb....she's a lucky little girl indeed.

debs14 said...

Congratulations to all the family. What a cute little crown!

Ginger said...

Congratulations Deb! She's adorable!

Sian said...

Many congratulations all round! and hurray for loving aunts who make the world a better place :)

Cheri said...

Congratulations Aunt Deb! I'll bet you just can't wait to get your hands on her!

Karen said...

Congratulations! She's one lucky little girl to have you for an aunt!

Amy said...

Oh this is just fantastic news Deb! Congratulations to your entire family - new babies add so much joy to our lives .... I know because we have had two very recently!

And seriously, a knitted crown??? What could be cuter?! You are extremely creative and talented!

Beverly said...

Cannot wait to see the gorgeous pics I know you'll take when you visit her :)

Irene said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Baby Olivia. What a lucky girl to have a Loving Aunt Deb.

Becky said...

Congrats on being an Aunty again! Love the baby crown :)

Alison said...

Glad she has arrived safely,,
Alison xx

Jo said...

Congratulations and welcome to the world Olivia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...