Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cupcakes for the Graduate

The first time I met Kelli she was 7 years old and swimming in her grandparent's pool. She only came out of the water to grab some of her grandmother's homemade ice cream, and then back in the water she went.
 

The first time I really spent time with Kelli was on a camping trip a few months later. She was the baby sister, the fourth in a line up of K's - all natural beauties and sweethearts through and through. Kelli was a typical little sister, a tomboy, full of spunk, and oh how she loved her Uncle Doug. I loved her instantly.


And now this little toyboy is all grown up and got herself graduated from high school. {Oh, this reminds me, I need to bust out a post with her senior pictures I took at camp a couple months ago...}

 
Kelli's mom, my SIL Laurie, always does such a fun job putting a party together. I love that she had us all sign Kelli's senior year book. I tried to remember some of the goofy poems we used to write, but came up with nothing other than, "Stay cool and have a great summer..."
 
 
I volunteered to make cupcakes and when asked what flavor she wanted, Kelli said vanilla. So, vanilla it was. I found this recipe for the cakes, and used this one for the frosting.

Cupcake toppers were made by printing clip art and message on a Word document,
punched with a circle punch and sandwiched with a scallop punch in the middle.
Easy peasy.

I feel so honored to have played a part in Kelli's High School Graduation celebration.
I'll share a few of her senior pictures next week.

10 comments:

Beverly said...

You know I love celebrations :) The photos are great but I'd love to see the ones of her!

Sian said...

The photos are beautiful. And your note about the Yearbook chimed with me today..it's a totally new tradition here and I am waiting with excitement for TTO to bring his book home any day now

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

She's so lucky to have you! You made me laugh - it made me remember some of the things in my older sister's yearbook - "may your life be like Italian bread, long and full of dough." "may your life be like toilet paper - long and useful" ... and a ton of other gems like these. So corny and cute too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post and what scrummy looking cupcakes.

Abi said...

Those cakes look amazing! I don't think we really do graduation parties too much over here. The boy is graduating next summer so perhaps I should suggest one!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great post - so full of love. And you are:
2 cool
2 be
_______
4 gotten
Rinda

Amy said...

I am beginning to have a fascination with your icing/frosting .... considering your heat, I am amazed it doesn't melt right off!

Karen said...

Every celebration you share on your blog looks so fabulous! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you (and your family) are amazing party planners!

alexa said...

Beautifully done and the clarity of your photos is just wonderful ...

Lisa-Jane said...

Those toppers are wonderful! Definitely pinching that idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...