Monday, November 12, 2012

Twenty Turkeys {and a tutorial}

Good day, blog friends!

Doug and I are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my family {so excited that everyone is coming!!!} next week so we were busy around here this past weekend! While Doug was busy outside, I was inside with paper and glue {thanks for painting the patio lid, Doug!}.


I've made these turkey table favors before and have used different tail styles, but this time I wanted to use silk leaves from a garland I purchased at my local craft store. These little guys are super easy to make and I can sum up how they're done with just a few photos. {And while I am so fortunate to have the right tools, these are still doable without fancy punches! Just trace some shapes, cut by hand and glue.}


2 circles {one small, one large}
1/2 small red heart
1 larger heart for his feet
2 googly eyes
1 small triangle {cut by hand}
1 peppermint patty
1 leaf
1 pop-dot 
glue

Hey, you!
Count your blessings.


Linking up today:
mop it up mondays      Skip To My Lou

18 comments:

helena said...

adorable - love the leaves as the tail

Cheri said...

too cute! I used this one last year for napkin rings and everyone loved it. I'm not hosting this year. Wondering will everyone dismantle them to get to the candy?

scrappyjacky said...

They are just so cute,Deb....and I'm wondering the same as Cheri?

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

So cute Deb! Love it!!

Lisa-Jane said...

Brilliant! They are so effective! I think I might try something similar for Christmas because I love the idea of the chocolate being a part of it.

debs14 said...

Makes me wish we celebrated thanksgiving too!

Alison said...

Another reason for wishing we celebrated Thanksgiving!
Alison xx

Lin Y said...

thank you, that is so cute. I wish I have time this weekend to do some with J

humel said...

Oh, Deb - these are SO cute! I'd be unwrapping oh so carefully to keep the turkey intact but still let me at the sweet treat... ;)

Lou said...

wow these are super cool. Was thinking how good they would look on our christmas table x

PCovi said...

So very cute!
Have fun hosting!
We have not agreed on some plans yet...our siblings have so many children and spouses (spice? haha) there homes fill up quickly.
And with parents gone :/ NO FUN.
I don't like Tday and Christmas without my parents.

Rose, Home Decorating said...

You are a muse e!Absolutely adorable. Do come and share it at our linky party, at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party-3/ Our readers would love to find you.

Anonymous said...

Love those cheeky little fellows!

Maria Ontiveros said...

We're feeling very happy to have an invitation to a friend's house this year.
Rinda

Amy said...

Never in a million years would it occur to me to do something like this - very impressed, very impressed!

alexa said...

Oh my goodness, how inventive is this! They look so cute on your table ...

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me with the decorations you come up with.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm saving this page - my grandsons would love making these,.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...