Monday, July 9, 2012

Quick Weekend Recap

 It's a quick weekend recap this week, my friends, with only a few photos to share today...

I was sick on Saturday so nothing got done except for a little bit of Project Life off and on - with the "help" of my furry friend.

And I'm sharing this photo so you can see that not everyone is photogenic all the time. Rexy looks really irritated in this photo, don't you think?

This is kind of random, but a work friend gave me a fig from her own tree and when I cut it in half I was surprised at how pretty it was inside...had to take a photo of that!

I felt better yesterday and actually got caught up on Project Life. I'm back and forth on how much of this project to share on my blog, though I do enjoy posting a glimpse here and there on Instagram. {You can follow me if you like - I'm "PaperTurtle."}
And that's it for me this morning.
I told you it would be quick. ;o)

This week on my blog: I have some cool sunflower photos to show you tomorrow, and I'll also be sharing photos of the gift I made my sister for her 50th birthday later in the week too.

This week in my life: Last night I was stressing about the weekend being over {mostly because I lost a full day being sick} when a post came through on the Facebook feed from "The Sunshine Page." It reminded me that Monday signifies a whole new 7 days to do something worthwhile - put me right in my place.

This week for Team Teal: Lots of prayers, thoughts, virtual hugs going to my mom for strength to get through these grueling chemo treatments.

12 comments:

Beverly said...

Hate that you were sick :( Rex looks more than a bit annoyed at your photo taking lol I think I will share that attitude adjuster on my wall soon. I have 2 friends that moan all week long that it's not the weekend, between that and people complaining about the heat when they actually spend 99% of their time in the a/c they drive me bonkers (God bless the roofers, DOT workers and construction crews)@@ I have to bite my tongue quite frequently lol Prayers are being lifted for Marti this week.

debs14 said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly, and how annoying for it to happen at a weekend so you lost one precious day :-(
Sending positive thoughts over to your mum, this must be such a tough time for you all.

scrappyjacky said...

Why is it always at weekends and holidays that we get ill.....it's sooooooo annoying. Glad it only lasted one day.
Looking forward to sunflowers.....my favourites. Have a good week.

Alison said...

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers this week..glad you're feeling better!
Alison xx

Barbara@Sweet Serendipity said...

Sorry you were ill Saturday, but good outlook for the week. I love the glimpses of your and C's project life pages....I am getting very curious. You might notice that I have a knew address, but it's still me, mimrpic, trying again at the blog thing. I might need your help with the photo part!
Please send your mom a special hello for me!

Cheri said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well - glad it only lasted a day. I lost Sunday to fibro fatigue - literally didn't have enough energy to even read a book, so can appreciate how frustrating it is to lose one of your free days! Hope your Mom starts kicking some chemo butt!

Margaret said...

Have you got that summer cold that is going around! My girl has it too. Best wishes to your sweet mom.

Karen said...

Glad it was a short sickness. Now if we could just shorten your mom's pain!!! My prayers are with you both.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Hey friend, hope you're feeling better. I was wondering what the cats make of Rex?
Rinda

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Hope you're feeling better! and of course prayers to your mom! xoxo

Becky said...

So sorry to hear you were I'll on Saturday and best wishes to Marti - she is never far from my thoughts x

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better - funny how holidays & weekends seem to be the time we get sick.
Sending thoughts and prayers for Marti.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...