Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean...


Here's the thing about me: I shy away from "everybody's doing it" type of things. Call it a bit rebellious...ugh...or maybe I'm a snob about stuff like that. I don't know. However I look at it, that little quirk of mine has held me back from jumping on the Project Life bandwagon for several years now.

In the three-plus years since I've been blogging I've seen my share of Project Life posts. I have always been struck by my blog friends who love this project, and their dedication to keeping up with it is nothing short of admirable. I was actually a little surprised when my own daughter insisted on purchasing the starter kit, and even more surprised that she continues to stick with the project after a few months now {sorry, Carrie, but you know what I mean...}.

Carrie's excitement over Project Life has been contagious. She managed to convince me that what I really wanted for my birthday was a Project Life binder and some pages to fill. "Ok, ok," I thought. "I'll give it a go."

Friends.
I love it!

I already have a few pages filled - still need to take some time for journaling - but I can already tell that this will be an ongoing project that I will continue to love as time goes by. It's kind of like coming home to scrapbooking again, in the most basic form. It's the pictures-and-notes-and-ticket-stubs kind of scrapbooking - an old fashion, basic, and awesome approach to documenting your days.

Look out. I'm on the bandwagon.

23 comments:

helena said...

good to have you onboard. know what you mean both about staying away from 'what everyone else is doing' and feeling good about PL and getting back to scrapbooking basics. I'm still lovin it even though I don't post about it often

Unknown said...

I totally thought I wasn't going to stick with it either, but it's one of the most fun projects I've ever taken on. SO glad that you're on the bandwagon - welcome aboard! xoxo

Ruth said...

Welcome aboard!
I find it much easier now that I don't blog about it regularly ~ it's more personal.

Sian said...

Well, I bet you'll rock it just like you do every other creative project you undertake :)

Pure Ella said...

Beautiful!

I've been regretting so much that I never made a baby book for my girl.... but I do have tidbits of things she did, said or made ~ maybe it's not too late to put it all together.
This style is certainly up my alley! Random and Fun ;D

Love it!

Pure Ella said...

Beautiful!

I've been regretting so much that I never made a baby book for my girl.... but I do have tidbits of things she did, said or made ~ maybe it's not too late to put it all together.
This style is certainly up my alley! Random and Fun ;D

Love it!

Pure Ella said...

ps where do I get this binder?
do I have to order it from them... or does say Michael's have it?

Rhona said...

Welcome to the club :) I'm looking forward to seeing some pages :) I'm still up to date with mine and I do love looking back through it xx

Cheri said...

Which leaves me wondering... if you have jumped on the bandwagon, is there any hope for me??? I've been trying so hard to stay OFF it!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is a project for me but never say never and I love the peep of what you have done so far x

debs14 said...

I was looking at someone's Project Life at the crop last weekend and felt a little tiny bit envious ...
Looking forward to seeing what you do for some of your pages, promise us you will be sharing some pictures!

Amanda said...

I'm sure it will be one of those things that you'll look back on and be really pleased you did it.

Mom said...

Can't wait to see your pages! I know they'll be spectacular--just like Carrie's. Such a fun book! Love you! xo

Alison said...

I enjoy seeing everyone's posts, but just haven't embraced it for myself..YET!!
Alison xx

Margaret said...

I definitely like learning about it from you and Carie. Keep us posted.

Amy said...

Oh you are funny!
Enjoy it Deb - I can see that this would be a project to suit you!

Ginger said...

Yeah Deb!! I love PL :)It really fits into life quite easily. I will look forward to your posts. Not sure if you are on pinterest, but if you are you will see lots of PL free printables - I have a pinboard dedicated to them :)
Whiskers appears to be very interested in PL as well :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I know it's not my thing, but I love to see what others do. And that's a gorgeous picture of your cat.
Rinda

Susan said...

Good for you! May I ask where you found that cute bird paper?

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love these comments. :o)

Susan ~ I got the bird paper at my local Scrapbook store (ETC) and I *think* it's by Jillibean. I love it too!

alexa said...

I've begun to think that Project Life should have a tagline "Resistance is futile"! Holding out here, but looing forward to reading more about your experience of it.

Anonymous said...

Finally made the jump myself this year. I'm finding it much easier to do this year with all that's going on that what I usually think of scrapbooking. Looking forward to seeing some of your pages. Welcome to the PL crowd.

Karen said...

Like you, I've been admiring from afar. Like Rinda, I think this is not for me. I'm afraid I would never be able to keep up. Can't wait to see what your creativity does for this project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...