Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Words on my wall

Hello, friends.
 Today I'd like to show you a wall in my kitchen. In the 6 months since we moved into this house, this wall has changed many times. During December it had the little Christmas tree that my cats wouldn't leave alone, and for a while I had some bottles stacked against it on top of the short cabinet that sits there.

{love that you can see my reflection in this shot}

I just love this line from the Herman's Hermits song, so I put it in a frame and then proceeded to have the song STUCK in my head for a whole week. The photo of us was taken at my brother's wedding last year, and the letter "A" {our last name initial} is one I found at a thrift store a while back. I'm not sure I completely love this wall yet...needs some color, but for right now I love this little grouping.

Funny that my post today is an old song from the 60's,
and my girl C has a post about Lady Gaga on her blog.
:o)

15 comments:

Sian said...

It's so cheerful and "Up"! I love that.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Love it!

Ruth said...

It's pretty cool as it, but how about a spot of colour, maybe red?

Mom said...

Frankly, my dear, I love it! And like Ruth, I can see a spot of red somewhere in there! Well done! xoxo

scrappyjacky said...

I tend to agree with Ruth as well....unless red will totally clash with the rest of the room!!!!

Susan said...

I think a pop of red (maybe a really neat heart) would look great on this wall!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm with Susan and Ruth on adding some red, although yellow and red could also work.
Rinda

Cheri said...

sigh... just LOVE it!

Alison said...

Love what you've done....I would go for red too, though I DO like it as it is!
Alison xx

Kirsti said...

I too love that song...and I think it looks good as it is!!

Kirsti xx

Karen said...

Looks great, and I like that you can change up the quote and the photo when you're so inspired.

Amy said...

I love it! Seriously, it's fantastic and such a great idea ... I might have to borrow it for myself one day!

Margaret said...

Curses. Now that song is going to be stuck in my head too.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

This song is very catchy and happy!!! Who wouldn't love it? : )

Anonymous said...

Love your wall but I now have that song going round in my head! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...