Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Power of Affirmations

Hey there, dear blog friends!


Many of you know that I became unemployed back in November and have been searching for a new job ever since. Becoming unemployed was not by personal choice, and it was something I really struggled with but didn't speak of openly on my blog.

However, even though I wasn't happy about my employment status, somehow deep in my heart I knew it would be alright. I had a deep understanding that somehow things would work out the way they were supposed to, and that somewhere out there was the perfect job, meant just for me.

I've toyed with affirmation notes in the past, but never anything as powerful as the words in the photo above. I believe the key to affirmations is to write them like they are happening {not "I will try..." or "I hope..."}. These sticky notes have been on our bathroom mirror for four months now, and they will remain there until March 20th when I look in that mirror as I get ready for my first day of work at my new job.

These sticky note affirmations had a way of manifesting themselves - of reminding me every single day that I was worthy and to be patient. I'm dreaming up some new affirmations to replace these awesome ones. I can't wait to see what's next!

How about you?
Have you ever made affirmation notes for yourself?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Go mom-friend! So proud of you and your new job, and I might have to make a few affirmation Post-Its of my own!

Karen said...

These are fabulous, Deb! I've never used written affirmations, but I've practiced oral ones. Can't wait to hear more about the new job. Congratulations, you deserve the best!

Amy said...

I am like Karen, I've used oral ones .... every night as I tuck my little girl into bed I have told her she strong smart and beautiful, every night since the day she was born!

Amy said...

Of course - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Yeeehaaaaaaaaaa :-)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I've done a few affirmations around my art work when reading the artists way. And some yoga teachers I have had work with oral ones. And my intentions for the year are sort of affirmation like.
Yours (and the results) are awesome!
Rinda

Rhona said...

I've never used affirmation notes myself but just reading this post is making me think about the notes I could write! Congratulations on the new job, You'll be a great Office Manager :). Hope you had a great time with your Mum xxx

scrappyjacky said...

I've never used notes either....but these are just great,Deb....and many congrats on the new job....look forward to hearing more.

Lizzie said...

Yay! I'm so pleased it has worked for you - staying positive is definitely a big help, when faced with a challenge, like finding work. Well done to you, Deb - I hope the new job will be all that you have planned for (was going to say "hoped" but you didn't "hope" you Intended!).

Let us know how your job shapes up - would love to hear all about it.

So pleased for you! x

Cheri said...

I haven't used actual posted notes... mainly because I know my family would think I'm weird and they would be merciless about it... but I do believe in the power of affirmations! Kudos on the new job!

JenCoen said...

Funny enough... I was just thinking about these. Affirmations, I mean. I went back to yoga (first time in a while) and I got to thinking about mantras and affirmations. I think when I get back from my vacation, I'm gonna try it out!

And Congratulations on the new job! Good things are coming!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

wonderful! congratulations deb!!!!

Margaret said...

I have not really done this for myself, but it is a good idea, and I think I will try it. I'll keep you posted.

Miriam said...

Congratulations on the new job. I have never used written affirmations either but could do with doing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...