Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend in Turtle-land

Ah...Monday morning. I woke up with a Beatles' song on my mind this morning and have just listened to Oh-bla-di Oh-bla-da a few times while I worked on my weekend recap post. I'm ready to take on the week! But first, here's a look at my weekend past...

This is always the best time of year for geraniums, and the ones on our patio are so pretty right now.

I rarely {almost never} craft on our coffee table, but I did just that and Whiskers was close at hand {read: being a pest!}. I used left-over-Christmas-odds-and-ends to fill up this adorable little book that Beverly sent me. I love the way it turned out, and am happy to finally have all the Christmas bits off my work table! {Thanks, Beverly!!!}

Saturday night Carrie and I took the light rail into downtown Phoenix {with our friend Janae too} to see my nephew Ryne's band perform at The Hard Rock Cafe. It was a fun night and I was SO proud of him! You can see one of their videos here - Ryne is the cutie in the blue shirt, singing. It's crazy for me to watch him as I can't help but see my brother, Tim {Ryne's dad} in his expressions and talent. Love that!
{I know...poor quality photo...took this with my phone...}
And now, a little out of order...but the rest of my photos
here are a few Instagram shots from the weekend...
♦ ♦ ♦
Doug was camping with his brothers, so Friday night I watched a couple of movies on Netflix. The second movie was booooooring, but Whiskers was settled in and looked so cute that I ended up watching a lot more of it just because I didn't want to get up and lose the cat-on-my-lap.

My SIL {Laurie} came by on Saturday morning to return some things she'd borrowed for her daughters' baby shower. We had a fun time visiting, and I love that she brought my bird cage back with this cute little bird inside. :o)

Make no mistake; I am not great at keeping a poinsettia alive. However, this one has been in our atrium since the beginning of December {I have basically ignored it} and it's still going strong.

And lastly, yes, I made donuts {stay tuned for 52 Donuts #4 this week}.

As of today, I'm no longer required to wear the sling on my arm {my shoulder surgery was five weeks ago today!} and am continuing with physical therapy which I HATE but will do anyway because I know it's necessary. And now that I don't have to wear that sling, my job-hunting-efforts will be intensified.

And with that, I leave you with oh-bla-di-oh-bla-da stuck in your head too.
:o)
...and if you want some fun, take oh-bla-di-bla-da!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh bla di oh bla da is totally going to be stuck in my head, but I think it's exactly what I needed to hear this morning! :)

I'm glad you had a good weekend and that you don't have to wear that stupid sling anymore!

debs14 said...

Hooray to losing the sling! It must have been a looooong 5 weeks.
Donuts are looking yummy!

traci said...

glad you got to toss the sling aside. woo hoo. enjoy your week.

Sian said...

LOL! TSO is practising this very song at the moment - to play on the recorder at the Spring concert. So, believe me, we have it in our ears at breakfast time, at tea time, at bed time..you get the idea..

Wonderful news about the sling. Hurray!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Welcome back to the world of two-armed people! Today is a home catch-up day for me, after a business trip over the weekend.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

So pleased to hear the sling is history.
I'll be pleased when the weather here is suitable for geraniums....a few months yet.

Cheri said...

Whiskers looks so content! I can understand why you didn't want to move.

Glad to hear that nasty sling is finally a thing of the past. You must feel so much freer without it! Are you able to move the shoulder without pain or still working on it?

Rachel Brett said...

What a great feeling! I felt like that when I didn't have to use cruthes anymore after 7 months. I'm glad you are on the mend Deb :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. That little bird is so cute in your cage!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Glad to hear you lost the sling deb! Yay! And it sounds like a pretty fun weekend!

Alison said...

You must be SO pleased to have that sling off1
Alison xx

Becky said...

Looks like you had a good weekend! Great that you have now lost your sling and good luck on the job hunting front :)

Ruth said...

Great to hear the sling has gone, although I've been super impressed with how you've managed. Lovely to see colour in your garden; bulbs are just beginning to make an appearance here.

Jo.C said...

Good news on losing the sling - just realised when I saw your photo I didn't have a poinsettia this year. I normally have loads and kill them all :0)
Great catch up.

Mom said...

Yes, life does go on, doesn't it? (I think that's the line that follows!).

So glad the sling is history -- I agree with Ruth --you were an amazing one-armed artist!

Pretty pictures! Yummy donuts! Love you! xoxo

Clair said...

I know it's been a long time since I was around, but I do hope you realise I've missed you! Hoping your physio isn't too painful (I remember it only too well.) Love x

Amy said...

How does it feel to be free?

Margaret said...

I will not even comment on the donuts. But it seems like you had fun. A house to yourself for just a few days? To me that would be heaven.

Beverly said...

You are most welcome! Sounds like a great weekend and oh my your geranium is gorgeous, few more months before I get to see that for real. There are so many times I want to shift positions or get up but don't want to disturb Pearl, the power these cats wield over us lol

Gail said...

Yeah for the sling being gone! Sounds like a lovely weekend and I so envy you having flowers at this time of year (oh well at least we don't have anymore snow - knock on wood).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...