Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Homework, a little friend, and a mini-book.

One of the {many} perks of being me is that I have friends of all ages.
This week's assignment theme for the photography class I'm taking is babies and/or kids. Fortunately for me, my 7-year old friend, Molly loves to have her picture taken.
Turns out that this past weekend Molly was practicing gymnastics so I met her and her parents at the gym. She's such a cute and sweet little thing. I talked to her before practice and told her to pretend I wasn't there...just ignore my camera and me. She did well with that, but there were definitely times when she couldn't help herself and looked my way with that cute dimpled face smile.
Sunday afternoon I spent a little time in my craft room creating a little something for Molly as a way to thank her for helping with my homework assignment. I made a little mini-book using name badge sleeves for protective covers for the 4"x3" photos I'd printed.
My journaling strips were done in Microsoft Word. {I created a one-cell-table, shaded it black and then added text making the font white. Printed, cut in strips...easy...}
I had to punch a few extra holes at the top of the name badge sleeves, then I held the little mini-book together with some ribbon strips. Here's the back cover/page:
Only little downside on using the name badge sleeves is the company logo printed on one side {you can see it in the photo above}. I went with it anyway because it made a sturdy little mini-book, just perfect for 7-year old hands to hold and look at for a while.
Dream big, my little friend.
Dream big.

15 comments:

Ruth said...

How very lovely! I bet Molly thinks it's amazing!

scrappyjacky said...

I bet Molly loves it....what a great idea.

helena said...

so cute - Molly adn the mini. And your first statement is adorable - 'one of teh perks of beign me' has to be the best affirming statements I've seen in ages

dianapena8 said...

Molly is a lucky girl, that mini is very pretty =Di

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful mini album but more importantly what a beautiful little friend you have.

Mom said...

Is there nothing you can't turn into art! Name tag sleeves?? And what adorable pictures of Molly. She's really growing up and so cute to boot! xoxo

Beverly said...

Genius! I love it and I'm sure Molly will be showing it to all her friends.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

It's official - you're AMAZING! Cute girl and awesome job on the mini book Deb!

Sian said...

That's so cute!

Thank you for your lovely comments on my post today. I love to come here too x

Margaret said...

Lucky Molly! Hey, I have an idea. You should do one of my going to the supermarket: Reach for the All Bran. Ow. That was really high. I think a pulled a muscle.

Alison said...

You are right...the perfect size for a seven year-old to keep taking out of her bag!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

What an awesome thank you gift!

Amy said...

It is a great little gift and I think you were right to use those name badge protectors - I know what kids this age are like with little treasures such as this one!

It is funny to realise that our gym looks exactly the same ... quite obvious really, but so many things are more similar than different!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love this! As much as I love your portraits, I love your action shots even more.
Rinda

Amanda said...

You got some great shots and that is such a nice way to say thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...