Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Carrie, the Tooth Fairy.

Shortly after we arrived in California earlier this month, my niece Presley announced that she had a loose tooth. Her first loose tooth. I checked it out and declared that it was ready to come out. {You know the point? Where it's barely hanging on? More of an annoyance than a functioning tooth?}
.
Thus began a full day of tooth wiggling and resisting having it pulled.
Carrie: "C'mon Pres, let me pull it!"
Presley: "Nooooo...it's gonna' hurt!"
Carrie: "Not really, you'll see, it will be quick and it won't hurt that much. And then the tooth fairy will come tonight!"
Presley: {long pause...seriously considering letting Carrie pull it...} "Will it bleed?"
Carrie: "Mmmmm...maybe..."
Presley: "NOOOOOOOooooooo!"

Finally, after about 8 hours of back and
forth and yes's and no's, the tooth was out.
I'm not sure who was happier, Carrie or Presley.
{ooooh...or me when I uploaded these pictures and
knew they'd make a great layout...}

And yes, it bled.
And yes, she cried for about 10 seconds.
And then all was well in her world.
Having older cousins is a good thing sometimes.

PS: The flowers on my page are some that I stitched in the car on our road trip to California. Perfect for this occasion!

17 comments:

The Norman Clan said...

Great Page Deb!! I sure miss you!

Amy said...

The photo of Presley with her hands over her mouth is just priceless and I could just imagine the drama and the ooohhing and ahhhing over the tooth - as you know, we have had the same event here recently.
An utterly gorgeous page that documents such a momentous occasion beautifully Deb :-)

Maria Ontiveros said...

So adorable! And the flowers look awesome.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

A stunning page,Debs.....gorgeous photos....beautiful colours....and perfect flowers.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page Deb - love those flowers,on my list of things to do! Presley is absolutely adorable and Carrie is such a lovely cousin.

Ruth said...

A gorgeous LO and a perfect example of why we scrapbook! Presley will love it! x

debs14 said...

What a wonderful layout telling a great story. I can just imagine the 'OK you can do it' and then 'No, don't touch it' scenario! She won't mind so much about the next one and it's great that you got so many cute photos this time.

Sian said...

Oh, pretty, pretty page! That's one Presley will love to look back on in years to come. Great story, too.

Anonymous said...

OMG this is precious!!!! LOVE all the pictures and the layout---it totally captures the day! And Pres was LOVING all of the attention! Did I ever tell you that it took me a half hour to talk her into putting the tooth under her pillow? She wanted to keep it and take if for "show and share"! I am SO lucky to have a talented sis and a niece that doesn't get grossed out by pulling teeth!!
Love ya--Val

Mom said...

Two of my precious granddaughters in an extremely precious bonding moment! What a beautiful page-- artistically perfect and emotionally heart-tweaking! Love it! xo

Unknown said...

I love this page! Thanks for making it and posting it. :)

Margaret said...

Older cousins are the best. Love the scrapbook page. It's a work of art.

Lizzie said...

Great page and great story! She's lucky to have you around...

I love the photo of Carrie and Presley smiling (grinning!!) together, with that great little gap in Presley's mouth. Also the one where she had her hand In her mouth - to guard against invading tooth fairies perhaps?

MarleneMAZ said...

What a great layout you made with these photos. I really enjoy seeing your photos, you always take good ones:)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Loved the story, loved the pics, loved the ADORABLE layout!!!
And speaking of adorable, that tote bag is TO-DIE-FOR CUTE!!! Way to go.
Thanks so much for letting me know there was a problem with my bird Post, Deb. That was so kind of you and allowed me to go back and fix the problem.
You're a sweetie,
M.L.

humel said...

Just gorgeous - such a cute story, and a beautiful layout xx

Becky said...

Wonderful photos and a great page :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...