Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 234th Birthday, U.S.A.!!!

You're a grand ol' flag
You're a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.

You're the emblem of
The land I love
The home of the free and the brave.

Every heart beats true
'neath the red, white, and blue
Where there's never a boast or brag.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
Keep your eye on the grand ol' flag.
Lyrics to "Grand Ol' Flag" by George M. Cohan in 1906
.
Headed to my in-laws for a 4th of July celebration this afternoon.
Wishing all of my US friends a safe and happy holiday!
xo

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Happy 4th July,Deb.

Catherine said...

Beautiful post and I luv to sing that song. I wish we had a gazebo with a band playing today while I ate apple pie and watched fireworks...

Have a wonderful holiday

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th July xxx

Maria Ontiveros said...

One of my all time favorite movies is Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney. I love it when he tap dances to this song.
Rinda

debs14 said...

Hope you had a great time. I work with a lady who comes from New York, I suspect she's been celebrating today as well!

Clair said...

Have a great weekend Deb x

Liberty :) said...

oooh gorgeous! next year, I've decided I'm going to make sure we're in america on 4th july, it looks so fun! we are hoping to travel around the big old continent for a few weeks so will have to make sure we're there by the 4th!

Sian said...

Hope you had a good one Deb!

humel said...

Hope you had a great 4th July :-)

Mom said...

Wonderful post and tribute to our flag and country! Great job, Sweetie! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...