Thursday, June 17, 2010

The end {and beginning} of a new era.

Ok. So maybe my post title is a bit dramatic,
but I'm feeling sentimental today.


Over the past couple of months during Carrie's house transition, we've had a small table set up in my craft room for her so she'd have her own work space. And while she's been here, we've crafted together only a few times...not enough! {insert mommy-pout here}

I took this photo of a craft project we started the other night...and like a lot of the projects we start with good intentions, this one remains to be completed.

Carrie signed the papers for her new home yesterday.
She'll get her keys tomorrow.
We'll move her this weekend.

I'm going to save these unfinished bird houses and spring them on her in a couple of months when I'm desperate for craft time with her. One of those "we really need to finish these!!!" type of deals. Only next time, we'll be crafting in her house!

Hey. I wonder if I'll have my own little
craft table over at Carrie's house...

19 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

They're adorable! I love the idea of crafting with my DD, even when she's all grown up.
I think she and I need to start a project together this summer.
Rinda

helena said...

yeah (for Carrie) its all finally happening

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Love those birdhouses! and a HUGE congrats to Carrie! How exciting! (and she seems like a total sweetheart - you'll definitely have your own crafting space)

Sian said...

I bet you will! The way that you two do things together is a real inspiration for those of us with younger daughters. Best of luck to Carrie with the move

debs14 said...

Somehow I don't think you are going to have to think up excuses to go and visit! You two have such a great relationship.

scrappyjacky said...

Sometimes I craft together with my DD....and it's such a lovely thing to do together.

Anonymous said...

Good luck for Carrie at the weekend and I adore those little bird houses. I envy that you get to spend time together crafting - how lucky you both are.

sharyncarlson said...

Congratulations to Carrie! The birdhouses will be a wonderful excuse to craft together again soon :)

Denise said...

Congrats to Carrie and you will definitely have to get crafting together soon to finish them :-)

Curly said...

Ohhh this is so sweet! You're a wonderful mum!

Ruth said...

Oooh, great idea to have a crafting space at Carrie's new pad! Cute looking houses. Hope the move goes okay.

Amy said...

A wise idea to save something crafty to do together - it's always good to have something to chat over :-)

Mom said...

I second all the comments about crafting with your DD cause I feel the same way about crafting with mine!!! Cute birdhouses and yes, you will have space!! Did she get the keys today??? xo

Rhona said...

How exciting for Carrie. I know you'll miss her but isn't it good to know you've done a good job and she's happy and confident enough to move on. Proud moment and sad one? Great idea to have a craft evening at her house and I look forward to seeing those cute birdhouses completed. Have a wonderful weekend.

Margaret said...

You two are an inspiration. I hope my girls will want to craft with me when I grow up. Sending Carrie the very best of wishes!

Anonymous said...

So exciting for Carrie and so sad for you!!!! You have done such an amazing job with her--you should be proud! One special chick!
Love you-
Valerie

traci said...

i am sure you will get a table at carries. you two are lucky to share that passion. i can't imagine kar moving out. sad.

humel said...

I hope the move went well and you're OK - love your little project, and look forward to seeing the finished project at some point xx

Jana said...

What a wonderfully bittersweet event. I am so not looking forward to my girls leaving my. I think she'll have a craft space for you. Your joint birdhouse project looks great so far. Should be extra special when you and she get them done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...