Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's party time.


Hooray! The day is finally here! My niece's bridal shower. I'm up early, sipping on my first (and only) cup of coffee, and using my time wisely(?!?!?) by creating a blog post.


Yesterday afternoon I wrapped Krissy's shower gift with some homemade paper. (You know you're addicted to blogging when you can't wrap a single package without documenting it with photos so you can post it later.) :o}

I love using freezer paper for gift wrap. Only problem is that it's fairly shear so you want to make sure you'll be wrapping a box or item that doesn't have print that will show underneath.
.
Just stamp the image and wait for it to dry... (I used a pigment ink that took FOR.EVER. to dry!)


Tie with tulle (making sure no tulle-eating-cat is anywhere near...)


Create a matching card and it's all set.
I'll show you what's inside later.
I'm off to celebrate my niece and her upcoming marriage!
xo!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

I hope you all have a fabulous day! I think the UK could do with importing bridal showers; we have Hen Nights (not that I did!), but they hardly compare!!

humel said...

Ooh, it's so pretty! Hope you have/had a fantastic time xx

Rhona said...

Hope you have a fantastic time at the shower, I'm sure your niece will have a great time. In the US does the bride-to-be know that it's her bridal shower day? In SA a friend would arrange to go out with you and then arrive at the house after everyone was there and it would be a big surprise.
I love the idea of using freezer paper and would never have thought of it. I have a big roll from when I was doing patchwork and never knew what to do with it afterwards - I guess I have my answer now :)
Look forward to seeing the photos from today.

Sian said...

Your niece is one lucky girl! She will be absolutely thrilled with what you have created for her..it's going to be a wonderful day.

MarleneMAZ said...

Gorgeour wrapping ! I am sure you will have a great time at the shower.
By the way if you are interested in the journal class I took, it was a lot of fun, go here :
http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/
and look on the right hand side for Remains of the day class.

Cate Brickell said...

gorgeous wrapping! another to add to my list of ideas I love (although I might use butcher's paper, not sure what the Australian equivalent of freezer paper is ~lol~) Hope you had a great party!

traci said...

well, how did the day go. it had to have been so beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...