Here's a little something that I saw at a craft fair years ago and have been making ever since. These candy trains are easy to put together and always a big hit.
To make these you need:
* a low-temp glue gun
* Lifesavers (I usually buy the "storybook" box of 10 that are sold this time of year)
* a pack of gum for the base (you can't really see it in the picture)
* miniature Reese's peanut butter cup (personal favorite!!!)
* miniature York Peppermint Patties for back wheels
* Starlight peppermints for front wheels
* Hershey's Kiss for smoke stack
I start by gluing the Lifesavers to the pack of gum. Next, glue on the Reese's peanut butter cup (trust me, you want to do this before you glue on the peppermint patties for the back wheels!). Glue the other pieces on and that's it! I like to tie them up in a clear cellophane treat bag with a pretty bow and tag before giving them as little gifts. Cute, huh?
PS: I'm feeling much better today! Thanks for all your sweet well wishes. :o)