Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This time last year...

It's funny that today's prompt for the class I'm taking with Shimelle (Blogging for Scrapbookers) directs us to create a post and tie it to a post from a year ago. As a matter of fact, tomorrow is my one year blog anniversary!!! (Yay for me and my blog!!!)

My first post was simple. It was simply titled Learning to Blog and contained this picture:

Fun time with friends Kristi and Janae and daughter, Carrie.

Within a month of starting this blog I was a crafting and posting fool! Looking back at my posts from December 2008 I have to give myself a little pat on the back for all the craft projects I completed! Wow. Somehow I found the time for all that?!?! (Now I need to go back and add labels/categories to those posts -- who knew then that I would rely on those labels? Was that prompt 11?)

In fact, looking back over the past year of blog posts I can see how things have changed for me in just one short year. My blogging skills and style have definitely developed. In the beginning I posted pictures with captions, now I'm more likely to give an explanation or tell a story to go with it. My confidence level for sharing my written word has grown. My list of blog friends has grown (fun!), and my life is somewhat documented on this little blogspot.

Though I resisted in the beginning when my daughter was insisting that I start a blog, I can't imagine my life without it. It's my little corner of expression, and an avenue to my place of escape and inspiration.

Peace, love and gratitude to all of you who are sharing this journey with me. I love this ride!

9 comments:

humel said...

Congrats for tomorrow! :-) Thanks for sharing your journey x

janae @ jelly roll said...

Wow, I can't believe its been a year already, congrats! You are so amazing and I've loved seeing everything that you create. So inspiring! Cute picture by the way. ;)

Margaret said...

You've inspired me. I'm going to check out my blog from a year ago and see how it's evolved. Congratulations on keeping going. I definitely know that it takes commitment.

Jools said...

Happy blogaversary!

Catherine said...

Happy blogaversary :)
Glad I stopped bye, am from Shimelle's class
Catherine

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Congrats on your blogoversary!

Cate Brickell said...

I, too, have to go back and tag all those old posts... never thought I would need them, but I can't scrap the posts if I can't find them ~lol~

Unknown said...

Deb, Hi and congrats on you blogaversary. I wanted to thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog. You'll never know how much it means to me. Your the first one to read it, and the first one to comment. So my heart felt Thanks goes out to you.
See you during the blog around the world trip.

sharyncarlson said...

Congrats on all that you've accomplished. What a fun post to look back on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...