Saturday, September 26, 2009

The day has come. Let it be.

It's here.
The day that Carrie moves out.
~gulp~
The range of emotions I feel today is completely out of control. Proud. Sad. Sentimental. Excited. Anxious. Yeah. Out of control.

I've been able to keep myself occupied with this little book I've been working on for her this week. If you know her, you know that she's CRAZY about the Beatles, and she LOVES the words to the song, "Let it Be."
I was inspired by an online class I took recently with the lovely Elise Blaha. The base of the chipboard book I learned from her, as well as the inspiration to use the inside of security envelopes and to cut my own bracket shapes.
.
So -- Carrie is moving to an adorable condo, 3.4 miles from our house and has a very cool roommate who I think will suit her very well. Fingers crossed that she'll still spend lots of time hanging out around here! (I can't even imagine what it would be like if she were moving to Africa for Pete's sake!!!)
.

7 comments:

melissa kaye said...

Aw..Deb, this little book is so enchanting. The photos of Carrie are wonderful! I think my favorite page is "There will be an answer"--the photo of her is just gorgeous! She has a beautiful expression.

=)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Thank you, Mel. :o) The photo that you are talking about was actually a self-portrait. She took it in her car. I love that picture, too.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

PS: And this is funny... I just noticed that Carrie took EVERY picture that I used in this book except for the one of her in the taxi (w/ hair blowing in her face). She's good when it comes to using the camera backwards!

janae @ jelly roll said...

Deb, I really love how this book came out! You are so good! Can't wait to get together soon.

Dave said...

These changes are so hard. I mean, I'm just sending my son to preschool, but I feel like it's a similar experience..that letting go stuff. I hope it all works out well!

EliseBlaha said...

this book is too fun... and you one the final giveaway! email me with your info. :) elise

Emilie Lynne said...

Hey! I would love to make the paper turtle video! :) Do you want me to explain it or just make it and show it to you? Either way is just fine! I hope I am good at explaining >.< I will make the video on Friday, because that is the first day I'll have a camera person =P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...